The University of the South Pacific's academic programmes will foster the following attributes in all graduates:
- Extensive knowledge of and relevant skills in a particular discipline or professional area;
- Capacity for independent critical thinking and self-directed, life-long learning;
- Advanced information and communication technology knowledge and skills;
- Research skills.
Intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Deep respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship;
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity,openness to new ideas;
- Commitment to inter-disciplinary understanding and skills;
- Respect for the principles, values and ethics of a chosen profession.
Capacity for leadership and working with others
- Effective interpersonal communications skills;
- Leadership, organisational, teamwork and time management abilities;
- Personal maturity and self-confidence.
Appreciation of the cultures of the Pacific Islands
- Knowledge and appreciation of the unity and diversity of Pacific island cultures;
- Understanding of the diverse economies and environments of the Pacific Islands;
- Commitment to the maintenance and strengthening of the societies of the Pacific.
- Understanding and appreciation of social, cultural, and linguistic diversity;
- Respect for human rights and dignity in a global context;
- Commitment to accountability, ethical practice and social responsibility;
- Demonstrated oral and written proficiency in the English language.